The information below pertains to the collection and storage of any personal information you may be required to provide to The Reserve Bench. In line with privacy requirements as outlined by law, The Reserve Bench gives the following assurances in regards to your personal information:
Collecting personal information
- The Reserve Bench understands you as a member may have concerns about the privacy, confidentiality, and security of personal information we may obtain about you. For this reason, we ask you to provide information that you are comfortable in disclosing to other members in order to provide the best possible opportunities that The Reserve Bench has to offer.
- The Reserve Bench has undertaken to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act, 1988 and the National Privacy Principles included in the Privacy Act (Private Sector) Amendment Act 2000.
- Personal information is collected by The Reserve Bench is for the primary purpose of membership requirements and/or competition purposes. The Reserve Bench collects details such as your name, address, telephone and email, gender and skills set. The Reserve Bench will also collect payment information, however this information is strictly for the use of memberships for The Reserve Bench at the approval of the account holder and most information will not be released into the public, only some of the information is released from the profile.
- A hard copy file containing your personal information is retained in a secure location in accordance with the Act, and for a further seven years in accordance with current
- Federal and State legislation governing document retention, before being destroyed.
- Failure to provide the information required for the purposes detailed may mean The Reserve Bench is unable to complete your membership.
Securing personal information
- To prevent any unauthorized access to your information, The Reserve Bench has set up password protection processes.
- Only staff authorized by the Chief Executive Officer has access to the data file information. Hard copies of information are stored in locked cabinets or equivalent off site secured storage areas. Disclosure of your personal information will only be used or disclosed by The Reserve Bench, as allowed by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles included in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act, 2000.
- To facilitate The Reserve Bench delivering better services and benefits to its members, personal information collected may be shared with other organizations, which will be advised ahead of time. All marketing material from strategic partnerships will be sent via The Reserve Bench and wont be shared directly to the strategic partners.
- Further, to conduct our operations, The Reserve Bench occasionally engages independent operators and parties. Accordingly, some this information may be used or disclosed in part to:
- * Enable mail contractors to deliver documents and communications to members;
- * Officers of a government law enforcement agency in connection with the lawful performance of their duty;
- * A debt collection agency for financial default purposes;
- * Send direct mail to members with news of special offers or the availability of new products or services;
Withdrawing consent for disclosure of information
- If you do not consent to any of the disclosures above please advise The Reserve Bench in writing. We will then ensure your personal information is not used for this purpose (Exempt of The Reserve Bench Membership). This exemption exists as in order to offer the service and membership that The Reserve Bench offers effectively personal details to be given to other members is part of the business.
Accessing personal information
- Members may, upon written request access their own personal information, which The Reserve Bench has obtained from membership application forms and the related product or service forms it currently, holds.
- If for any reason The Reserve Bench is not in a position to release personal information, for example in cases where it would be unlawful to do so, we will notify you of this refusal and the basis for it.
Making changes to personal information
- The Reserve Bench endeavors to ensure personal information held is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Where you believe personal information held is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please advise The Reserve Bench and every effort will be made to correct the information.
- Lodging a complaint for any purpose associated with privacy matters, including the lodgment of a complaint, please contact The Reserve Bench immediately so we can quickly deal with your concern or complaint.
- This Privacy Statement was last amended on 29 May 2016.
Cancellation and misconduct
- The Reserve Bench has the right to terminate a membership and cancel at any time should the member conduct unlawful behavior of abuse, unfprossional offensive behavior. Cancellation will also occur if information of qualifications, first aid is false, misleading or deceptive information is provided.
- Cancellation will also apply if the member fails to comply with the terms and conditions
- Cancellation will occur if the member is in breach of a restrain of trade; has misused member privileges or for inappropriate behaviors on The Reserve Bench website or towards other members or his/her clients.
- The Reserve Bench will cancel the membership pro rata on the payment and no refund will be given upon any cancellation.
- A member can cancel their membership at anytime but no refund will be provided. Contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to inform of the cancellation so payment can be cancelled. If payment has been made and cancellation occurs no refund will be given.
- Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable
- Memberships cannot be ‘suspended’ for any duration
Payments and membership
- Payments will be taken by a 3rd party; Braintree Payments (Paypal). Credit card and other bank information will not be stored or saved by The Reserve Bench and payment will be taken month-to-month membership payments. These payments will be automatically taken out each month for the agreed amount with The Reserve Bench having the right to increase payment with a notification of email provided by the member and a response within 72 hours.
- Notification will happen via email and or SMS.
- Payment will be ongoing each month and a reminder will NOT be sent each month.
- I provide my consent for The Reserve Bench to collect, use and disclose my personal information as outlined above.
- I understand I am entitled to access my own records except where access would be denied for legal or other appropriate reasons.
- I understand I may withdraw my consent for The Reserve Bench to disclose my personal information (except where legal obligations must be met). If after membership has been paid and process, no refund will be given for a change of mind, career change or lack of business. By using the website you have agreed to the terms and conditions of The Reserve Bench.